1-844-782-9397
214-324-1652
 
calendar calendar  

Robert E Lee Park

Robert E Lee Park

Situated in the Uptown neighborhood at Turtle Creek Boulevard and Lemmon Avenue, Robert E. Lee Park is a 15-acre community park, established in 1909. It was originally named Oak Lawn Park and was first developed in 1903 by the Dallas Consolidated Electric Railway Company with the partnership of developers William H. Lemmon and Oliver P. Bowser. Built as a private facility for residential development, the wooded area soon became so popular that the City purchased it to serve as the first public park in North Dallas. The park changed its name to Robert E. Lee Park in 1936 after President Franklin Roosevelt unveiled a statue of the General, erected along Turtle Creek Boulevard on the park’s southern edge and it highlights Arlington Hall, a  two-thirds replica of the Custis Lee Mansion in Arlington, VA. It is a prominent venue for weddings and photography, yet it is additionally an extraordinary spot to bring your puppy for a walk in the nature. This is a flawless park highlighting grassy hills, and several gardens, large enough to suit events as small as ten and as large as 1,000. Along with this remarkable building, a Formal Garden, two Terraces, a luxurious Portico, and The Allman Pavilion, can also be enjoyed. Its visitors are welcome to rest on comfortable benches after a stroll through the park, quench their thirst at the drinking fountain and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the pond.

Looking for hotels in Dallas Texas? The Stay Express Inn is situated at a distance of 8.0 miles from Robert E Lee Park.